Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Life's Special Moments and Chance Meetings Sometimes Interrupted

     The past month has flown by and time seems to be marching on quickly.  It's unique and special when you have special moments that go into your memory and last a lifetime.  Laughter and joy are special qualities that exist but too often they get suppressed by the rigors of life, situations, relationships, and just downright right mean spirited people.  It's those special moments and chance meetings that make you smile, allow you to enjoy life to it's fullest, and give you the opportunity to learn about one another whether it be with an individual or a group of individuals. I've always had the knack to work through situations to help others and this is why I continue to reevaluate, to rethink, and to develop each and every day who I am and where I want to be.
    I'm sitting on a Southwest Airlines plane heading to Nashville and then San Diego. It's times like these that I get to reflect on a variety of things. I go back to the purpose of this blog "Everyone's Shadow Is The Same Color".  I realize that that is true but that the spirit of the individual the make up of the true self is far different/unique and special. It's my hope and dream that someday in my lifetime the respect for one another, the unique qualities of many will be embraced and there will be peace and harmony throughout. Is this a "pipe dream" perhaps but it's my way of giving back what my parents, teachers, friends, and the like have instilled in me.  It's difficult to leave behind "Colchester" and life as I know it for the most of my year but it's something I do to learn about life away from home and to learn about people. It's a time that I reflect a great deal of where I am and what I want to do for the following year in my teaching career and in my life. I have this quest to make a difference. Do I take the avenue with my project and go to the "anti-bullying" curriculum?  Do I take another route and teach about diversity the way I've been taught through mutual respect and understanding of many cultural differences, religious differences, and much more. It's a huge undertaking.
   Through life experiences in my youth, through my 20's and 30's, I've learned a great deal. I seem to be getting more interested in me and that's a good thing.  I've also begun reflecting on where I'd like to be by year's end. It's difficult at times to get so much done cause I enjoy giving my time freely to help others.  In essence it's my nature.  But I've learned you have to take time for yourself.
   Chance meetings and life's special moments are truly fun when they happen.  I've had the opportunity to meet professional athletes, great "ordinary people" as they describe themselves.  I've learned that you have to take those moments and go with them and trust people to be kind and considerate.  Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose so to speak but you have to take those chances.
   Too often life comes up and bites you in the backside. It's important to fight through anger, through hardships, and to be at peace.  If you have to deal with the rigors and stress of daily life, try to reflect on the good things that exist and be positive. It's tough. That's where people sometimes forget the importance of life and how it should be. Happiness is very important.  I'm not sure where I'm going with this so I'll stop the rambling.
   I've learned a great deal by watching, reading, and still have a lot to learn. I'll do my best to keep the moments coming, and deal with chance meetings in a positive manner.  One thing I can say without experience life would be boring.
   Watch for more blogs this summer in that I have the time and energy to write. I'm really going to be focused on developing a program to go along with the slogan; "Everyone's Shadow Is The Same Color".  The shirts are ready, sweatshirts will be coming, and all is well. Hopefully I didn't ramble too much.  One last thought "Even a coiled snake has the same color shadow"!
     Oh yes, interruptions!  They stink!  But I'm still smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment