Sunday, May 29, 2011

Watching, Waiting, Wondering-Can I make a difference?

     When the thought of "Everyone's Shadow Is The Same Color" came to mind I thought it could make a difference some day.  Where should I take it?  How should I present it to the public?  Should it be developed for the children in our schools, corporations, or should I just put the words on products and let it tell its own story?  These questions rattle through my brain continuously especially when I have time on my hands.  Too often ideas are thought of and then forgotten. I have begun to think that I must get this launched and that I need to develop a program that I can package, market, and implement.
     It's my dream to see this idea everywhere!  Not for monetary gain specifically but for the message and the understanding that it's important to believe in one another, to help one another, and to make the world a better place, one place at a time.  Whether it be a one on one situation, a school, a community, a state, and a nation, I'd love to see the words and the meaning of them spread endlessly.  Is it a pipe dream?  Perhaps, but if I don't try I won't be happy.
    Today I experienced marching in our Memorial Day Parade. I heard laughter, saw countless smiles, and it generally was a feel good day.  I had a blast. Seeing faces, making people smile, and laugh was certainly an objective.  Think about it if we could do this for one another on a daily basis and lift one another to greater heights.  I've been fortunate in my life because of a work ethic that was instilled in me by my parents. I've failed, I've succeeded but most importantly I've continued to try new things and to reach for the unexpected. I'm not expecting the world when it comes to launching this idea but I'm certainly going to give it my best effort.  If you don't try you cannot succeed.
     This is not about me this is about getting a message out there that will be thought provoking as well as positive in nature. I don't want to have a canned scripted curriculum guide that comes with many ideas. I simply want to be me and give my best to show others how important life is and what you can do to succeed.  Why not try.  I've had people say to me "what a great idea", "don't let this idea die", and I say to myself I'm certainly going to give it my all to get this off the ground. I've enjoyed the thought provoking conversations I've had when I've worn the original design as well as the second one. Now nearly ready the third set of designs are almost ready. I'm excited. However, there are many things that I must get in order; the return policy, the purchasing methods, shipping methods, and what to do on a daily basis. It's going to be a fun summer getting this going.  I hope that I can and will get it flying.
     It's a powerful thought "Everyone's Shadow Is The Same Color".  It can be developed to teach others the importance of getting along with one another, embracing differences, celebrating one's unique qualities, and learning about one another to better serve each other's needs.  Life is difficult at times but it can be so rewarding when you help one another achieve greatness.
    I will do my best to continue to share my thoughts.  I'm not a marketing professional, I'm an educator, but I feel if I'm honest, sincere, and trustworthy, I will do my very best to get this accomplished. Think about this and imagine this; what if a huge company, school, organization, and the like decide "we believe, "Everyone's Shadow Is The Same Color", embracing diversity would be so cool.  On that note I end with this; be kind to others, do your best to be your best with one another, and learn to accept individual differences.

No comments:

Post a Comment